LICENSE EXAM PREPARATION TIPS: THE WAY TO LICENSE EXAM SUCCESS
1. Study with an essay exam in mind (this has been shown to enhance performance on multiple choice exams).
2. Don't limit yourself to book learning. Apply what you're learning to actual case scenarios.
3. Prioritize content areas according to exam emphases and your personal needs.
4. Distinguish between ethical responsibilities and legal obligations, and know their areas of overlap.
5. Learn about assessment frameworks used in settings other than your own employment setting.
6. Know how to indentify signs of clinical risk, and how to assess, evaluate, and manage clinical risk.
7. Learn to identify and avoid common diagnostic errors.
8. Develop a sense of direction in clinical practice; knowing what needs to happen in each phase of therapy before other interventions can be done effectively.
9. Know how to make clinically meaningful use of a treatment plan, not only how to write one.
10. Learn to relax. Know how to help an anxious client relax, and do just that to reduce exam anxiety. Good exam preparation helps too.
If you found this information helpful, more Study Strategies as well as Anxiety Reduction Strategies, Test-Taking Strategies, BTA Myth Buster and Ask the Expert Q&A is available exclusively to BTA customers at the all new web-based Customer VIP Lounge.