EXAM TAKING TIPS
As your exam date is approaching, be sure to consider the following tips for optimum performance...
1. Avoid last minute cramming.
2. Arrive at the test site early.
3. Pace yourself through the exam.
4. Read the instructions carefully.
5. Notice the key concepts. Look for "qualifiers" such as...
6. Read the multiple choices carefully.
7. Start by eliminating options that you know are incorrect.
8. Don't jump to conclusions. Use discretion.
9. Choose the answer that is most specifically and directly relevant to the case presented.
10. Don't expect "trick" questions.
11. The pattern of the correct response options is left to chance. Take each question on its own merits.
12. If you're unsure of an answer, make your best guess and then mark the question for later review.
13. If you still don't know the answer after coming back to a question you were unsure of earlier, stick with your original guess.
14. Don't become distracted when other candidates leave before you.
If you found this information helpful, more Test Taking Strategies as well as Study Strategies, Anxiety Reduction Strategies, the BTA Myth Buster and Ask the Expert Q&A is available exclusively to BTA customers at the all new web-based Customer VIP Lounge.