(HINT: To search for a keyword on this page: Hit 'Control + F' and enter the keyword
into the search field that will appear on the top or bottom of your browser window.)
VOLUME 7: INTERVENTIONS FOR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS
Volume 7, Interventions for Significant Others, is a list of things that can be done by Parents/Caregivers of younger clients, as well as by family, friends, caregivers and peer supporters of adult clients, to support the individual in his/her pursuit of Goals. This Volume is Organized by four very general Important Areas of Life Functioning:
- Parenting/Caregiving Skills
- Fostering Child/Youth Developmental Progress
- Family/Caregiver Involvement in Care
- Significant Others of Adult Consumers/Clients
- Examples are provided here.
CHAPTER 1: PARENTING/CAREGIVING SKILLS
77 ITEMS, for example
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to _______ (specify).
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to learn parenting/caregiving expectations of the host culture by _______ (specify).
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to learn parenting/caregiving expectations of the local community by _______ (specify).
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to consult_______(how many?) parenting/caregiving peers regarding child rearing issues.
- Parents/Caregivers will work together to present a consistent parenting/caregiving team for the family for _______ (how many?) days/weeks/months.
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to show interest in _______'s (specify name of child/youth) education, as evidenced by _______ (specify) for _______ (how long?)
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to monitor child's/youth's safety in the home daily for _______ (how many?) days/weeks/months.
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to provide a safe/clean house for _______ (how many?) days/weeks/months.
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to avoid _______ (specify a prior problematic parental behavior) at all times for ____ (how many?) days/weeks/months.
- Parent/Caregiver agrees to reduce occurrence of _______ (specify a prior trigger behavior) to no more than _______ (how many?) times per day/week/month for _______ (how many?) days/weeks/months.
CHAPTER 2: FOSTERING CHILD/YOUTH
21 ITEMS, for example
- Parent/Caregiver will attend _______ (how many?) parent-teacher conferences in _______ (what period of time?).
- Parent/Caregiver will seek a translator or appropriate culture broker to attend parent-teacher conferences with him/her by_______(specify date).
- Parent/Caregiver will complete a parenting class to learn how to set limits, have appropriate conversations with their children and effectively follow through with consequences by_______ (specify date).
- Parent/Caregiver will role model ways to have clean and sober fun by engaging in _______ (specify alcohol and drug-free social or recreational activity) with consumer/client.
CHAPTER 3: FAMILY/CAREGIVER INVOLVEMENT IN CARE
26 ITEMS, for example
- Family member/caregiver will identify what they need from the consumer/client and others_______ in order to change the level of involvement.
- Family member/caregiver will identify _______ (how many?) problems managing the stress from giving care to the consumer/client.
- Family member/caregiver will describe a plan for effective involvement in planning and implementation of the consumer's/client's action plan in the next _____ (how many?) weeks/months.
CHAPTER 4: SIGNIFICANT OTHERS OF ADULT CONSUMERS/CLIENTS
27 ITEMS, for example
- Significant other agrees to learn about the cultural preferences of the consumer/client.
- Significant other agrees to be supportive of consumer's/client's cultural preferences.
- Significant other agrees be supportive of consumer's/client's sexual preferences/orientation and/or gender identity.
- Significant other agrees to arrange for family celebrations and holiday events to be alcohol and drug free.
- Significant other ______ (specify name) will assist consumer to practice _______ (specify a skill) ______ (how many times?) daily/weekly/monthly for _______ (how many?) days/weeks/months.
(HINT: To review a different Volume: Click your browser's back button
and select the Volume you would like to review.)